Translate

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

um....anybody...uh...want....an...update?

So, I've been unemployed now since the end of the sxsw festival

which was in March

this is the first I've written about it

no excuses, I just did not like the job

I was burned out of the tv biz I guess

plus, that place is going under

I just walked out on them

without really planning anything out

but I was alright because money just kept coming to me

income tax, a few checks from UHV in Victoria for some reason

and a little money here and there

so I've been ok for my bills for April and May

but when I pay rent this month things are gonna get  a little tight

I just now started looking for work

I've got that tv experience and some killer customer service exp

but as I was updating my resume and going through the ads I just got bored

I've lived that customer service life

and I'm burned out on tv too

I need to take my own advise

and have some fun

it's time for something different

so now let's go back to Jan of this year

I volunteered for the Tough Mudder event

I worked at the registration tent

I checked the racers in and checked their id's to make sure they were over 21 for the drink wristbands

I told them good luck and have fun

I also roamed around and helped out wherever they needed me

I had a blast and worked my ass off

now fast foward to this month

I'm looking at gigs on craigslist I see an ad for event staff

it's from an agency that provides all kinds of staff for all these crazy events around Austin

so I sent them an email and told them all about Tough Mudder

they also worked that event and the main guy called me and I got the gig

I'm not a volunteer

I'm an employee

and the cool thing is, if I want to stay on they will call me and I'll help them around town with other events

 thanks to the Tough Mudder for the new experience that got me this gig

and some might be in the know, but if you're like me you're not

anyway, this is the first event this Friday that I'll be working


well, who knows what happens after this

it's only a part time job so I'll need to find something else

but until then, excuse me while I have some fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment