Translate

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Hike n Bike n Rape Trail *Updated*

before I get into this one, the one with the inappropriate title

let me get topical for a sec

so, the way I pay my bills these days is as an editor for the local television station

I have access to all types of news content and stories

yesterday, when looking up black friday stories I came across mutiple stories of violence due to this "Holiday"

a shooting, stabbing, pepper spraying, and fights all across the Americas during black friday I mean check this  shit out


just to save a buck

christ almighty

( insert blogger/v-logger rant here)


now on to the topic at hand

I'm not sure when it got here but in my home town of Victoria Tx

there's a new hike and bike trail

and like this one horse town has proven time and time again

this town is full of cowboys and wanna be gangstas

and now someone has gone and got raped on the trail

it apparantly happened on a Sat night around 10:30

two guys on one chick

that's not the point of this entry

the point is I use this trail

I go running on it

and biking too

pretty late at night

well, ever since that happened it's turned into a presidential hike and bike trail

at every intersection of the trail it's covered with cops

now, me and cops don't get along

it must the devil may care attitiute shinning through that they see

I just look like trouble

here's a true story

back in my teens I used to work at a clothing store

I had to wear slacks and a tie

but one day in the summer, my boss let us wear casual clothes

so I showed up in said clothing with a baseball cap on

I clocked in and went about grazing the men's dept

my boss came up to me a few minutes later

he told me with a smile on his face," I was about to get Joe (the old man that worked in the back) to shadow you. You looked like trouble."

then explained as he got closer he saw that it was me

and I have been mistaken for someone that just committed an offence more than once

I'm not sure what it is but I always get second looks

so on the first sat after the rape I went by and saw the trail littered with cops

I had my bike in the bed of my truck and was gonna stop and get down

but I just didn't feel like getting stopped

and stared at

and followed

it just wasn't worth it

and it was too soon

since then it's quieted down

and I'm back at it

but another thing

as I was telling my good buddy Kate,

I told her that I'm at the trail sometimes around that time of the attack

she said, "Tuna, I don't think anybody is gonna rape you."

I told her that wasn't the point

I said, "what if I came across the attack?"

I would def do something about it

I wouldn't just let anybody be assualted and violated in front of me

but two on one

sure, I like those odds

I'm stupid like that

I'd just have to jump out and scare them a' la Batman style

yeah

I'd come out from the dark with a raspy growl

take one out quick but let the other one run

only to catch him a little further on down the trail

snatching him from the dark of night

I'd make them fear me

yeah right

I'd prob look more like this
*Update*
So the same day I wrote this I went biking with Kate the Great

I told her about this blog and the title I gave it

she cracked up

as we were biking a guy drove up to us and stopped to ask us if they let us bike on the sidewalks as well as the road

we told him we didn't know but we do it anyway

then he asked if they had a biking trail anywhere in the city

Kate looked at me and smiled and paused and said

"we have a hike n bike...(long pause and a big smile)...trail"


she said she wanted to say it like a run on sentence

real fast

hike bikenrape trail

I told her if she did I would have laughed my ass off and peddled away

the guy in the van:"Why's he laughing? Why's he leaving? Wait...what did you say?"



 

2 comments: