Translate

Saturday, March 3, 2012

One Year Approaching Fast...

with SXSW hitting Austin this month

it almost marks the one year anniversary that I walked out of my job

it was one hell of a week

I don't know if it was all worth it

but I wouldn't have changed anything

I spent a part of the music festival with so many different people

Rube, Swagger, Byrd, Sharpie, Kate, Gentleman all came and hung out with me that week

I don't know how many days I was drunk that week

I should have died at the end of that

instead I lost my job

and was unemployed for 4 months

and had to leave the city I love

to come back to this fucking cow town



and now somehow this year I only get two days to visit it again

KAte the great, myself and the sports guy at the station are making the trip for two days

the sports guy, Travis is from San Diego and has not experienced Austin yet

so I figure I take him with me

and what better time than SXSW

this guy's pretty interesting

I've been hanging out with him a lot lately

he loves trying different beers

his dad was a b movie director

he got into editing at a young age

he worked at a rock station in Ca

he likes comic book

video games

and Jack Daniels

I think I love him

he's got some good stories

they rival, if not top, mine

you should see us at the table swapping stories

it's a thing of beauty

much like my hero, Clapton, upon meeting Jimi

I am not threatened

I'm glad to find someone similar to me

I talked with Swagger, who is on his way from Florida to Texas

Gent lives over in Austin

same with my brothers Rube and Sharpie

I hope we can all meet up

drink gasoline

and run into a fire

then see what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment