Translate

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

So, it's my dad's 71st birthday

I was talking with him and he asked me, "Have I ever played catch with you?"

I told him, "I don't think so."

we've tossed the football around when I was a kid

but never baseball

I was never into sports


so he gets up and tells me to come outside

"I'm gonna throw you some passes."

he tosses me a glove and walks to the other end of the backyard

then he says, "Before I leave this world, I wanna play catch with you. It's never too late."

we toss the baseball around for a little bit

it was a great moment

since he's been retired he's been taking lessons for the accordion

he loves music and he's always wanted to learn how to play an instrument

so for his birthday I'm gonna buy him this sweet little setup I saw at the store

it's a microphone, the stand, and an amp

I think that's cool that I'm buying my dad an amp

you'd think it'll be the other way around

anyway, Happy Birthday Dad

many happy returns

with love

your son,

Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment