Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My One Day as a Pothead...

this is a true story

so, at the end of last year

I wasn't feeling all that great

my body felt, blah

and I couldn't shake it

I figured one of the problems could be my drinking

I did the math

I started drinking heavily at 16

I'm now in my late thirties

so that puts it at 21 years that I've been drinking heavily


so my answer was to stop drinking

cold turkey

I was in about the third week of being sober

and I was kinda bored

I needed a release

my friend, Kate the great wanted to get me high

she says, "Tuna, you can become a pothead now!"

and she did

so got me so fucking stoned

we were sitting in her car towards the end of our session

she had the radio on and the weirdest little song was on the radio

it kinda sounded like a song from the 30's or 40's

it was very haunting

and I was very gonzo at this point

it was freaking me the fuck out

and I couldn't get out of the car

the doors were locked

and Kate was taunting me with the song

and at one point she morphed into the devil

and the devil was laughing at me

that was the last time I smoked dope

I started drinking again

and it only took me getting so high that I couldn't get out of a locked car, and one of my best friends turning into the devil

No comments:

Post a Comment