Translate

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beer Off VI Official Results

Another Beer Off is in the books

I believe this year I tried the most beer ever!!

a couple of notes here first

Sharpie helped me kick off Beer Off 6 night one

that makes two beer offs he's been in IV and VI

and we were this close (I'm doing that pinch thing with my finger and thumb) to going to Louisiana

crazy night

Rube participated in his first ever Beer Off in the 2nd week

ps stay tuned till the end of all this for a great story

u know I've got stories

ok now for the beer!!!!

I drank a lot of ales

and a few summer themed beers

Here they are in no particular order

 Liberty Ale-This one was pretty unremarkable. Not a great beer or a terrible one. I'd drink it again


Asahi Black-This one tasted like chocolate. I did not like it.


5 A.M. Saint- I do not like red ales anymore. This is a red ale. Or it drinks like one. Just a little too dirty for my taste.

Devil's Backbone-ooooooo I liked this one. It had a little bite to it. I can see me drinking 15 of these in one night and when my wife asks me where I've been I'd answer with a backhand.
I love St Arnold's Lawn Mower. That's a Beer Off V beer. I've heard great things about the Weedwacker version of Lawn Mower. I don't see the reason for all the hype. I like just the regular plain LawnMower.
Sawtooth- Good Summer beer. This beer was well behaved. Not much to write about.
Lucky Buddah-I liked this one! It was good. I normally don't like beers in green bottles because they stink, but this one did not and had a good after taste. Def a beer I'm putting in my rotation.


Little Sumpin Sumpin-I like this beer. It's a dirty little number. It makes an excellent last beer of the night. It has a little bite. I'm def gonna be having more of these!

This one was clean, easy to drink. A great beer for begginers.


I had my very first Fosters. Besides the size of the can, nothing to write home about. Pretty tame beer.
The Dundee variety pack-I kept with the tradition of visiting Mikey for his birthday. I hadn't see him since I turned hime 30. We went a whole year before we hung out again. We drank these, another beer I can't remember and this one
Rouge's Dead Guy Ale- I've been avoiding this one every since Beer off III. Yeah it's pretty rough. Not an easy beer to drink.

I had a Golden Hop at The Draught House. I likedit. I met Addrienne for her birthday and saw ex-employees from KEYE. They were all nice and asked me a lot of questions, then we just hung out.
I had a Buffalo Butt beer at Buffalo Billards. This is where Sharpie and I go to watch Raw on Mondays sometimes. They have a loft upstairs that has a nice tv, couches and we're not disturbed by anyone. The night Swagger brought some Russian chick and left her with us while he was on the phone was classic. Some Russian lady was watching Raw with Sharpie and I. But she was cracking up at Sharpie and my jokes during Raw. Classic, oh by the way I did not like the Buffalo Butt.
Carlsberg-Green Bottle, stinky beer as usual. But this one was pretty good despite the stench.
Austin Amber-Safe beer, I would drink it if there was nothing else. Nothing wrong with it at all.
This beer tasted like a wine cooler. I mean look at it. What was I thinking?
Excellent Summer beer. It has a hint of lemon. Refreshing!

Zeppelin Beer- Good beer, not great.

Wasatch White Ale-Man this beer was smooth. A little too smooth for my tastes.
Wailua- I liked this beer, great taste, goes down smooth but not too smooth. Easy A beer. I'm gonna add it to my best of list.
This is a good one. Actually all of the Summer themed beers are alright in my book.

Modus Hoperandi- I found out I do not like Hoppy beers. This was the worst beer of the beer off. Boooooooooo!

Fisher Amber-Now this was my favorite of all the beers. It has a unique bite to it. It's not too strong but not too smooth. I can't wait to have another one. The bottle looks like a flame. Easily in my top ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment