Translate

Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Resignation Letter to KAVU Televison...

The best. Many of us have an opinion on what is the best. So few of us know what it feels like to be the best. I am one of few people to have ones' name synonymous with the phrase, "the best." It is with that opening line that I would like to tender my resignation at the Victoria television group.


Let's go back to the summer of 2011. With my employment status null and void in Austin, TX. I set on returning to the post that made me a legend at the Victoria television station. With the help of Katherine Morton and John Garcia, we were able to come up with a way for me to return to the station. At first I thought KAVU was doing me a favor, but from what I had heard about the quality of work done from the edit bay the station needed me more than I needed them.

My old position was filled with many others after I had left. Some of these people were trained directly by myself and for a while it seemed I was not going to be missed. But with each new person, the craft and art that I bestowed onto that job was diminished like a painting, nay, a masterpiece fading away through time.

As I came back and resumed my post, it was not long that I demonstrated my superiority at this position. The product was cleaner, the mistakes erased as each new day dawned with me at the helm. Regardless of the chaos that surrounds a living, breathing, working newsroom and station, the edit bay shone bright through each storm as a beacon of strength and stability.

The station went through some drastic changes in the time of my second coming, going full non-linear, HD quality broadcast , a new improved director's board, and a new, state of the art set. By having me in my original editing position, I believe I made the transition as seamless as humanly possible.

An editor is only as good as his director. There's a sacred bond between the two. I have had the pleasure to work with one of the greatest directors in Mark Grahmann. Never, have I witnessed such command over all aspects of director on duty. Beyond that, he also is in tune with the pulse of technology and is the perfect general to lead this station into the future.

In closing, I believe I have done all I can to lead this station in the right direction. It is time for me to make another company greater. In the nine plus years here, I doubt anyone will beat my record for the number of individuals I've trained to be editors. I leave knowing confidently that in regards to this station, I am the best editor there is, the best editor there was, and the best editor that there ever will be. I leave you now with my two parting words.

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

Vincent Anthony DeLuna


No comments:

Post a Comment