Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Story of Oz Part II

So here we are 30 miles from home

driving in the middle of one hellacious thunder storm

and we have a bad wiper


as we pass an intersection we notice a truck in the ditch next to the road

and my brother is swerving pretty bad cause he can't really see the road

the only noise you hear other than my brother swearing is the click of my seat belt being fastened in the back seat

that made everyone laugh

hell, my momma didn't raise no fool

I was in for one hell of a ride tonight

just as things couldn't get much worse

our worst fears come true

the one bad wiper comes completely off

so we are now missing the left wiper

visibility just bottomed out to 0%

we had no choice but to pull over and park

we had gone about 2 miles

we were still a long way from home

so we sat it out

when we thought it was all clear, we made a break for it

only to get caught on the highway with massive downpour

we were on the highway and my brother couldn't see the exit

that's how bad it was

we could not see a thing

my brother had no chance but to pull over

but we were at a terrible spot

we were sitting dead on the side of the highway with no way to get off

on a Saturday night, at 1 am

the big rigs and cars were zooming by

they were so close, they would make our car sway when they passed

I just imagined the worse

however, I stayed quite in the back

no point in making everyone nervous

you see, I'm kinda people's rock

and you don't want that guy freaking out

I was "concerned"

but stayed cool

I told my brother to use the guard rail to the right as a guide

we crawled until we got to an exit

and pulled over

now you may be wondering why we didn't park and take a cab

we just all figured this was the dumbest reason to pay for a cab ride home

foolish pride

when the next clearing came through we ran into more misfortune

my brother's a/c went on the fritz

he could not defrost the windows

and with the humidity from the weather, we were back to zero visibility

the rain stopped but we still could not see

it was like they just invented the car

and we had never used one before

in the end we made it home that night

two hours later!

we made it home safe and sound

but that was the first time I was as nervous on the ground as I am in the air

and that's saying a lot







 

No comments:

Post a Comment