Translate

Monday, October 21, 2013

The Ryan Quinn Incident

I'm trying to get back into writing more stories on this thing 

My new phone flashes pictures of my contacts and friends

a picture of a guy that I know flashed and I was reminded of a pretty good story

as usual

the following is true 

it's a Story from the Big V
I've had many drinking partners back in the day

one of them was a guy named Michael Garcia

we were known to drink the shit out of some beer

and we killed a bottle or two of whiskey back in the day

one night, Mikey and I were in my den, swimming

we got a call from Ryan

Ryan was a big hoss of a man

probably over 6 feet

large frame

but had a baby face

he was a nice guy 

but you didn't want to piss him off

he told us a story of a guy he got into an argument with at a corner store

it turned into a fist fight

Ryan knocked him out cold

Ryan had to drag this guy's unconscious body out from the path of his pickup truck so he could leave

anyway, Ryan calls us up and asks us if we're hanging out

we tell him we were and to come to the den 

Ryan shows up and it's now the three of us drinking Jack Daniels

Ryan was cool with us, but he was just a kid

not even 21 yet

we proceed to kill a bottle of Jack Daniels

Ryan is fucked up

Mikey and I are barely phased

we know that Ryan has to go home at some point

Ryan being only 20 still lived with his mom

now, Mikey and I being the upstanding citizens that we are, knew we could not let Ryan go home in this condition

so our brilliant plan was

to take him to Whataburger

the three of us pile in Mikey's car and head down the road

now, I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with the clientele of Whataburger but at 1 am it's crawling with either cops or drunks

this night, it happened to be cops
 
the drivethru was packed so we were sitting in the car in the parking lot trying to decide if Ryan was in any condition to go inside

it didn't take long for us to realize Ryan was way intoxicated

he got even drunker on the short drive to Whataburger

he tells us that he has to piss badly

we tell him that's not a good idea

he's fucked up, underage, and about to walk into a restaurant crawling with cops

he said he's "straight"

we tell him to walk straight, go inside, piss, and come right out

he agrees

we get out of the car 

Ryan does the weirdest standing up straight and walking sober I've ever seen

it looked  like John Wayne walking on a floor slightly crooked

and John Wayne walked with a bend already

Mikey and I stand outside in sure panic as we watch Ryan walk in sideways

the cops glance at him but pay him no mind

Mikey and I are standing outside waiting for Ryan to come out

he never comes out

I send Mikey inside to go check on him

I wait

Mikey goes into the restroom and comes out immediately

he motions me to come into the restroom with him

as I enter the restaurant, Mikey tells me, "you gotta see this..."

I go in and see Ryan standing over the restroom sink

a solid stream of vomit is coming out of his mouth directly into the sink

it is not stopping

it's not only liquor, it's also chucks and chunks of food  

it's clogging up the sink

the sink is starting to overflow

Mikey is laughing and frankly so is Ryan

in between hurls

I'm panicking

thinking how are we going to get Ryan out of here

and also what happens if a cop comes in here and sees this

Ryan does something next that I will take to my grave with me

he tries to unclog the sink with his hand

his hand is in a sink full of vomit that he's trying to clear by stirring it

and he's still vomiting in it

Mikey is in tears in the corner from laughing so hard

I'm yelling at Ryan to take his hand out of the sink and for Mikey to be quite

Ryan stops vomiting eventually

we take him to the next sink and clean him up

when we think we've done a good enough job we leave the restroom

with a sink and floor full of vomit

amazingly, not one cop went to the restroom while we were in there

we get in the car and flee the scene of the crime

we still have to get Ryan home

so, Mikey agrees to drive Ryan's truck and I follow along in mine

when we get to Ryan's house Mikey helps him out of the truck

helps him to the door and then runs to my truck and we get the hell out of there

when we next saw Ryan he told us his mom saw us drop him off and haul ass out of there

I believe that was first and last time ever called us up and asked to come drinking with us

he only  hung out with us once, he almost got poisoned, arrested, and nearly died

I believe that was a Wednesday


No comments:

Post a Comment