Translate

Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Clusterfuck

So this happend the Friday of the Acl fest in Austin TX

I knew that Raul, Kate, Tyson, Raul's brother and the brother's wife were all going to the festival

Sharpie and I did not get tickets

The headliners for that friday show were The Kings of Leon

so I knew all of these people were coming up to see the show so I organized a plan B for myself

I got in touch with my brother Rube a few days before the event

I asked if he was going to the show and he said no

So I said," let's hang out friday since everyone is going but you and me."

he agreed

now fast forward to friday

I get a text from raul that reads, "Katie (his brother's wife) is sick and can't go so my brother is out too/now I have two extra tickets you wanna go?"

so I replied "well I made plans with Rube and I don't want to cancel/let me see if he wants to go with"

Raul replies "ok let me know"

so I call Rube and give him the news

so Rube tells me to hold those tickets and he'll let me know

he wants to see if he can get an extra ticket for his friend eric so we can all go

so he calls me back and asks if the tickets are still a go

I ask Raul and he says yes

so I tell Rube

so Rube buys an extra ticket for his friend

then I call Raul and to tell him me and Rube are both in

NOW raul tells me he also sent the invite to Sharpie

I did not know this

so now three people want to go and there are only two tickets

so I tell Raul that Rube bought an extra ticket so the right thing to do is give Rube my ticket and Raul will take Sharpie and Rube

Raul doesn't care

So Kate calls me and asks whats going on

I give her the update

she spent the night at our house the day before and said she talked to Sharpie and said sharpie was feeling sick and will not be able to go to the concert and that I was going

so I call Sharpie to see what the deal is

he has no idea what Kate is talking about and he still wants to go

so now I'm getting pretty pissed and I'm done with all of this

Sharpie then tells me to go

by this time I'm so worked up that I won't be able to enjoy the show so I tell him to go

I go home and pick up Rube's ticket

I drop it off at Rube's job and he thinks I'm still going

I tell him that I'm going early and that I'll meet up with him later

I didn't want him to know that I'm not going because he wouldn't take the ticket

so finally everyone is gone and I have the house to myself

Rube eventually finds out I'm not at the show and is pretty shocked

now everyone is wondering if I'll be home when they're done with the show

Raul I understand tells them you never know with me

I'll either be there or I won't

I was drinking at my house and enjoying my own company

I get a call from a very drunk raul

he didn't even stay long enough to see the Kings

he left cause he wanted to go to a bar

and he left everyone there

that pissed me off

then around midnight everyone is calling

for a while I was waiting for all of them to come home

but they were all so drunk that I couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone when they were coming home

and they would not stop calling

I was done with this day

by one in the morning I went to my room and locked my door

I heard them come in but by this time I could care less who lived or died

within 30 minutes all was quite

so I left my room and went around the house

they were all laid out asleep

it looked like there was a gas leak in the house and it claimed 4 lives that night

I laughed and went back to my room

in the morning they all came into my room

I asked how the show went

they said it was cool but they wished I was there

I told them don't worry

I've already seen the kings and I had a great time

and I got to go with my favorite person in the world

they all kinda got quite

I love doing that to them

No comments:

Post a Comment