Translate

Sunday, May 23, 2010

My First Trip to CiCi's Pizza

Before I start please don't get offended

this entry is for shits and giggles

and if anything it highlights my limitations

enjoy:

So I live really close to the point where North Lamar intersects and goes past Hwy183

whenever you cross that barrier you are no longer in Austin TX

you are now in Mexico

well I kinda work over there and I was running some errands in that area

let me tell you some of the things I saw

you know how you see an old couch next to a dumpster sometimes

well someone had moved an old beat up couch next to a bus stop

because in Mexico there are no benches at the bus stop

just the sign post

I am so not kidding

I wish I could have taken a picture

a shitty couch right next to a bus stop sign

those are my people

the next sight was a hoot

I saw a lady coming out of a laundromat with a shopping cart

on top of the shopping cart was her basket of clothes

on top of the clothes

a baby

a real life baby

man I wish I had a damn camera

those are my people

anyway I hadn't had lunch yet and I saw a sign that read "Pizza Buffet 3.99!"

well I love pizza and I hadn't eaten yet

and that was quite a deal

I've never had Ci Ci's pizza before

but pizza is pizza

note:some pizza is pizza

it wasn't all bad but..

certain pizzas had a cheese like sauce instead of cheese

think of the marinara sauce

now replace that with cheese

anyway I walk into the place and it's packed

I've never seen so many shades of brown

it was like I walked into the locker room of the Ups drivers

just some brown people

like my friend Paulie said, "...man, they were Brown like Bad News Brown."



anyway I pay for the meal and pick out my pizza

at this point I notice every employee speaks broken English

they ask me," You ok?" as I'm looking at the pizza

it's at this time I notice the only pizza they have is pepperoni, cheese, or hamburger

later whenever I take the Swagger they branch off to a include a taco pizza (no joke)

I then realize I can't order anything because I doubt they'll know what a Hawaiian pizza is

I'd probably get a cinnamon roll

so then I sit down amongst my people

man I felt like a M&M

in a bag of M&M's

an employee busting tables looks up and says to a group of new customers walking in

"Hi, welcome to Ci Ci's!"

then comes up to me and asks me something in Spanish

I think he wants my empty plates

then asks me in Spanish if I want a refill

then looks at a group of new customers walking in and says

"Hi, welcome to Ci Ci's!"

then I'm thinking that must be the only english this guy knows

this is what the chapter must look like in the training manual in regards to English:


just one page there in that chapter

maybe I should have learned to speak Spanish

it's not my fault that as a kid I was surrounded by black people

2 comments:

  1. funny how this has been a running conversation theme amongst friends lately. drive thrus are the worst. a little lady repeated several times, "anything else (which sounded like any nails)". that's after i said no thx 3 times.

    secondly, check out a chinese buffett. i havent been in years,but last time i did, they had salsa, tortillas, tamales and menudo...all the while mariachi music was playing in the background.

    im not sure who's to blame. how are "our" people getting all these food industry jobs?

    thanks for the chuckle....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome buddy...you're welcome

    ReplyDelete