Translate

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Have a Dennis Hopper Story

So, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend to be a Dennis Hopper fan

cause I'm not

but I do rescpect the hell raisers

and those who make life just a little more exciting

so I went to a midnight movie a few months ago

Mad Dog Morgan

the director was there and was telling stories about the making of the flick

it starred a young Dennis Hopper

one story in particular made me smile

the director said that Dennis was doing so many drugs and drinking so heavily

that he began to think Dennis would not live to the end of production

so they came up with a brilliant plan

they shot all the close up shots with Dennis first

then they had a Dennis Hopper mask made

it would be in the event that Hopper died

when casting the mask Hopper asks what the mask is for

the director made a scene up on the spot

he said," there's a scene where you're riding on the streets and you look up to see yourself staring at you from a window."

then the room explodes and you ride off

Dennis said "far out."

of course that would never be filmed

well the shooting wrapped up and everyone was cleared to go home

then Dennis asked the director about that scene with the mask

the director had no choice but to call everyone back in to shoot that scene

complete with explosion

great story

R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment