Translate

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Short History of The Great American Beer Off...

Ok so this all started in the Summer of 2006

and it's all thanks to the opening of the HEB plus in V-town

that's all I heard about when it opened

so I got tired of it and told everyone to shut up about the HEB plus

but then someone asked me," Vince have you been to the beer section there?"

I had not

so it was recommended to me to go and visit it

I went and was impressed with the beer selection

then I realized I knew nothing about beer

I had only had MGD,Budweiser and BUd light

what a shame

so since July was around the corner I decided that all through July I would drink a different beer every weekend

I called it the Great American Beer Off

that was five years ago

my how I've grown

I've had Hefenweizens,a lot of Shiner, dark beers, pale ales, German beers, lagers, IPA's,Mexican, homemade beers, American, Irish,Japanese, Jamacian, a lot of the Sam Adams...etc

if the som bitch has wheels I can drive it now

so this July starts the 5th Beer Off

and I've got quite the plan for this year

it all starts with the kickoff July 3rd

No comments:

Post a Comment