Translate

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Beer, Beer Everywhere...

The Beer Off is under way!

this blog will be updated throughout the month

WEEK ONE
all I have to say for the kickoff is...awesome

that event started a little ripple

who knows what that one ripple will turn into

the amount of people and outsiders that came together out of the curious factor was impressive

I got this text from Raul 4 days after the party:
"We had some damn great times this last weekend. My compliments on the line of entertainment u provided."

considering he hates to feed my ego, for him to send that is huge

anywho, these were the two new beers for that night:
Abbey Belgian Style Ale

Weihenstephaner
WEEK TWO
tonight is back to the original beer off

it's back to just me alone trying new beers

here they are:
Celebrator Dopplebock

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier

and here's tonight's entertainment a double feature:

I think I might need a third beer
oh hell yeah!

so these were added to week one:

Mothership Wit
Dead Guy Ale

I had the Dead Guy Ale with my bro, Rube

he joined me in this new beer

funny story

we were at a ritzy resturant and ordered the Dead Guy ale

someone walked by to check on us and said

you guys ordered the... then he mumbled something we couldn't understand

so we just said yes

when he left I asked Rube, "What did we order?"

Rube just laughed

well after we waited forever, Rube asks the waiter

"what's taking so long, we just ordered beer."

the guy said you didn't order the antelope kabobs

we just looked at each other

then said "the what?"

the waiter said again "antelope kabobs"

I'm thinking "what the F is this guy saying to us?"

so we said "no, we ordered two Dead guy Ales"

they apologize and bring us our beer and the kabobs on the house

so there's the plate and for some reason Rube was hesitant to try some

he asks if I'm gonna try it

I told him, "You know me, I can't eat and drink."

so he asks "is it ok to eat this?"

I said "meat is meat"

then I told him I went to a hunter's bbq

there was all kinds of meat there and it all tasted the same to me

he had some but didn't like it

I think he couldn't get the idea of a reindeer out of his head

later we went to a hooka bar

and I smoked a hooka with him

we were cracking up about how we must look

then I cracked him up by holding the pipe of the hooka and saying "tell me more about this.."

paused

took a puff

pffft

"beer off"

man he lost it

also Rube's co-worker is learning sign language

Rube taught me the sign for love

we kept doing that all night

I told him in sign I love drinking

i didn't know the sign for drinking so i just lifted my hand like a glass and drank out of my thumb

Rube cracked up

later we were listening to people karaokeing

and some fat chick was tearing it up

Rube signed that he loved it

man I cracked up

it was great times with RED

No comments:

Post a Comment