Translate

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Beer Off 5 is Over

I'm ending this years Beer off early

theres a couple of reasons

number one I'm moving this weekend

I'll be moving in with my sister while my brother and I wait for our place to open up

the Tuna/Sharpie roommate chapter is over

second I think I found the beers I'm gonna drink the rest of the Summer

St Arnold's Lawnmower and Summer Pils were phenominal

these beers are so great, I'm just gonna stop right here

plus the Clapton concert at the movies was so much fun

it was the perfect bookend to the Beer off kick off

here's some highlights:
Kate, Gentleman, Tyson and myself let some man into Raul's house while he was at work

the dude was selling some meat but wanted to get high in the back yard

when Kate asked me if I think that's alright I told her,

"when I'm in town, we go by Den rules...anything goes."

Raul came home and the dude did his pitch

then asked for a beer

Kate participated in the Beer off by trying the best beer I've had this season

Raul busted out with flasks for all of us for the movies

his mom would hide these things and he kept buying new ones

when he got his house his mom gave them all back

now he presented them and we all picked them out like we were picking our own lightsabers

I was reunited with mine that I haven't used in about 14 years

we went to the movies and we were all packing flasks

we rocked the theater

we got the theater to clap and get down

we booed John Mayer and I went nuts when I saw Johnny Lang

and we just flat out walked out when Jeff Beck took the stage

Clapton invited alot of Tyson and Kate's favs and I think they were pleasantly surprised

I was impressed with Gary Clark Jr and Citizen Cope

Sheryl Crow and Robert Randolph's little songs were pretty cool too

Kate was in vintage form

I had heard rumors that Clapton and Winwood were gonna play Voodoo Chile

that's the song that never ended when we went to see them in Houston

I told Kate if they played it I was gonna throw my shoe at her

when Clapton brought Steve Winwood on stage

Kate reached over and took my shoes off and held them

I watched the last part without shoes on

drinking out of a flask

and Kate and I held hands for the entire last song

classic

anyway, best beer off EVER!!!

These are the beers for week 3

St Arnolds Summer Pils tied as the best beer of the Beer Off 5
St Arnolds Lawnmower the other tied beer as best of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment