Translate

Friday, January 28, 2011

Here We Go...

So I stumbled upon this picture...while using stumble upon
I can actually answer that question

at least starting on Saturday

I do my volunteering for the Tough Mudder event on that day

 

the job assigned to me is the registration area

so I'm gonna be checking the guys and gals in

I was going to go into work in the afternoon

but I actually got the whole day off

so  now I hope when everyone is checked in I can roam around and scout out the event

and just take everything in

I'll be snaping pics and shooting some video of my day

Big V Tv will be on location ha ha

the forecast is temps around 45 to 50 degrees with a 50% chance of rain

I can't wait

it will give me that mental picture of what I'll be aiming for

my yearlong project

I've already started getting a little more serious with my exercising

I didn't need much

I've always kept myself in "adventure" shape

I've always hit the track and the gym whenever I can

I've always had the thought that in order to play hard you need to work hard

yes I do drink a lot

but anyone that knows me knows that I have endurance to spare

the people at work know about this event next year

and somehow they also know that I'm a heavy drinker

somehow because I hardly talk to anyone at my job but yet these stories find a way to get around

so one of my bosses asked if I'm going to cut the drinking out while I train

I told him,"no"

I said "I can train just as hard without cutting alchohol out of my life"

he asked "but what about hangovers and your diet, protien and all that"

my friend Adrienne butted in at this time and said, "Vince is a different breed of man."

ha ha thanks for that AB

example

this past summer I started working out here


it's the department of public safety here in Austin

now after a few months of me throwing myself around this playground I went home to visit Mom and Dad

on the first night I went over to my former sidekick's pad

and proceeded to finish half a bottle of rum

then drank beer the rest of the night into the wee hours of the morning

my dad had told me he needed help with something early 

so after the sun had been out for a few hours I went over to the folks' house

my dad needed me to help him cut some falling branches at the rental house

so for about 5 or 6 hours we cut and sawed branches and loaded the brush in "Blackie"(my first truck I ever owned that I gave to my dad)

all of this without any sleep

there was a pretty thick branch that needed to come down

but it was at a wierd angle

I needed to climb a ladder and use the chainsaw

but the ladder wasn't that sturdy

the only way was to hold on to the tree when at the top of the ladder and use the chainsaw one handed

my dad asked if I thought I could do it

he asked me that while I was already half way up the ladder

it was a piece of cake

sort of

ok one more ha ha before I go

I started riding my bike to work recently

the first time I did it

it was 4 am and pretty cold man

since I'm at work for 9 hours on Saturday I always pack a lunch

so I had one of those recycle shopping bags that I never use

I packed my lunch and threw in this jug of iced tea

I flung it on the handle bar and off I went

well the bag was hanging a little too low and somehow the bag tore from the friction from the wheel

then my right foot turned the lid to the jar everytime I hit it

next the jug poked out of the hole and my foot gave the lid one last turn and my tea spilled along the road as I peddled on

I never stopped

I just looked down and watched all of my tea spill

then looked up and asked aloud," how the hell did that happen?"

oh well, I am a work in progress

as Nietzsche says, "One cannot fly into flying"

Akeem also reminds us of that in Coming to America

so to answer that question at the start here

with the current shape  that I am in and the lack of strong swimming skills, I can only sit at a table and check people in

next year I will have gained new stamina, skill, strenght, and endurance

someone will be checking me in

and I'll be on the other side of that table

No comments:

Post a Comment