Translate

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Passing of the Macho Man

a r.i.p. just didn't seem good enough

When I went to sleep last night, I turned my phone off for some reason

when I woke up I turned it on and immediately had a message

it said that Randy Savage died that morning

I was stunned

then more messages came in

this would happen throughout the day

I didn't really know what to say

then when I got online it was everywhere

I was impressed that even non-wrestling fans had something to say about Randy

in a business where death is not uncommon it's a true testiment to Randy that those who knew him, remembered him and watched him as a kid are saddened by this loss

it was easy to be a Hulkamaniac

to think that Randy was to be number two to that guy, was a steep climb

not everybody could have done that

Randy was however, pure magic

a perfect mix of talent, technique, charisma, excitement, unpredictability, and flash

he was everything you wanted in a pro wrestler

I am a fan

everyone that knows me well should know that

I was touched that people actually messaged me and asked if I was ok

I am sad

partially because he left with some unfinished business

we have being dying for him to be inducted into the hall of fame

every year we patiently waited but it never happened

now it seems it's only inevitiable

I just would have like to see and hear him accept that honor in person

another reason to be sad is there will never be anyone like Randy

Randy will never be replaced, hell even today there's still no one quite like Randy

I'm writing this because I can remember how watching Randy Savage made me feel as a kid

I see pictures of him and I'm a kid again

the great thing is

there is plenty of Randy out there that will live forever

thanks for the memories

goodnight Mr. Savage

sleep well

No comments:

Post a Comment