Translate

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I Got Your Message God, But It Was In Spanish

before I get into this one, I have a couple of notes

I took a huge hit on readers by removing myself from facebook

but I'm just gonna keep truckin'

greetings to Serbia by the way

and these posts are even more frequent

I guess now, this is my only outlet

anywho...

so, the day after I quit my job

I bought a drink at the 7-eleven

so, now I'm kicking back in my truck

which, I'm fond to do by the way

so I'm leaning against the arm rest on the inside

and my feet are propped up and out of the driver's window

and I'm re-evaluating my life

I'm thinking, "now what kind of predicament have I gotten myself into?" "I drink too much, when am I gonna stop drinking so much." "Am I gonna be like my dad and drink until I make myself sick?" "Why do I keep starting over in my life?" "It's a good thing I'm divorced." "I don't want to work in television anymore." "I need to grow up, get my life in order."

just then a little frail old lady comes walking up to my window

I could only see the top of her head next to my feet out the window

so I sit up and say hello

she greets me in Spanish

she then hands me a pamphlet

says goodbye in Spanish and just slowly walks away

it's a pamphlet about God

I look it over

but I can't read it because it's in Spanish

obviously, the timing was amazing

and I'm not saying that I would have made any major changes with just one pamphlet

but in that present state I was a little vunerable

but I didn't get the full effect cause I couldn't read it

so I just tossed it aside and finished my soda

whew

that was a close one

maybe next time, God

No comments:

Post a Comment