Translate

Friday, July 8, 2011

Nothing is All I Have, and You're Welcome To it

So without getting philosophical let's just jump right into this one

so I've been unemployed since the end of March

and naturally I've gone through all of my resources

sure things have been tight

and I've gone to bed more than a few nights hungry

I'll live

besides, sometimes I forget to eat anyway

but I still have a roof over my head and family here in Austin that check in on me

so I hear that my most interesting connection, The Swagger got himself into a little pinch up north

he was without car and home

He found a way to Austin and I told him he could stay with me as usual

I also drove him around town

then I found out an old friend, a guy I call Beautiful Bobby was in a bit of a pinch

Bobby was the guy that coined the nickname The Big V

anyway, he was without housing so I opened my doors to him

so picture this

Beautiful Bobby on the couch and me and Swagger in the bed

I got tired of the macho shit and got tired of sleeping on the floor

we're all broke

anyway I give my food, my bed, my house,

it ain't much but it's all I got

well, we're all a little hungry and not quite at our best

but, we're singing, drinking, laughing, and surviving

to me that sounds like good times

it's easy to be you're best when you're at your best

these are days I look back on fondly

so I say to them

take it all

"nothin from nothin leaves nothin"- Billy Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment