Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen...Mr BB King, now Fight!

Ok so the Sunday after Tough Mudder I was went with Rube to go see BB King

I parked in a garage and took the elevator up

I got out right at City Hall

right in the middle of the Austin chapter of the occupy america protest

I walked right through them

I was meeting Rube at a resturant prior to the concert

I was walking along and a protest march began

they were going my way so I joined them

now I'm all of freedom of speak and that ol chestnut

but I don't really get invovled in everyday life matters

but I marched with them because it was on my way

when I got to the corner I told them this is my stop

good luck fellas

so I meet up with Rube a little late

I tell him, "sorry, I was occupying Austin."

anyway we head to the show

we were in the standing room only section at the concert

we still had a great view

the only thing is we were against the back wall

and during the BB King performance a drunk dude was in front of me

but he was so drunk he kept bumping into me

and he kept grinding on me

so at one point he asked me if I could move back

he was reaching for his drink which my foot was in front of so I thought he meant he wanted me to move my foot which I did

but he goes back to dancing and grinding me and a little later asks if I could move back

I yell at him, "I'm against a wall, why don't you take a step forward."

he yells something back to me

then Rube yells at him

then his chick yells at Rube

then a girl who my brother and I have been making laugh all night steps in and makes peace maker

now normally, I'm not the fighting kind but the whole time I'm thinking to myself

"Dude, I have been tossed around, thrown in mud, freezing water, clawing my way up hills, climbed aroound barb wire, kicked in the face, had mud thrown in my face, climbed through a smoking barn, ran through live currents, damn nearly drowned in the most evil mud pit I've ever been in, this is not the weekend to fuck with me."

but luckly it did not come to blows

one shove to either myself or especially to Rube and I would have been banned from the Moody theater for life because of what I would have done

and I would have been ok with it

but he tought better of it and turned around and enjoyed the rest of the show

on Monday I watched Raw with Sharpie and I spied with my little eye a really cool poster for the occupy Austin

I only liked it for the date on it, which happened to be my birthday

I tried to take it off the wall, but it was glued to it and was tearing when I tried to pull it

I had to settle for a picture instead
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment