Translate

Friday, October 7, 2011

Pinched Nerves and Bad Decisions

Howdy folks!

...and then there was one

so Kenne cancelled on me

I knew something was up when I wasn't getting any return texts

I was hoping he wasn't gonna drop out

not because I needed him to do this thing

but because he paid over 100 dollars to enter it

and he don't get no refunds

I feel like it's kinda my fault

so in a team that should have been four

I'm the only one that made it

but I won't be alone

I'll be taking all of you with me

I'll see all of you in the smiles of the children

and feel you in the warm breeze of...snicker...nah I'm just fucking with yall

I understand that Sharpie's cousin is volunteering and Sharpie is prob gonna join her

that's cool

I'd love to see them there but at this point I just have to focus on the event and stop counting on others

I'm just recovering from a pinched nerve in my left shoulder

I rocked that pinched nerve at ACL

I needed the help from an icy hot patch but I managed

you should have seen how I got off the couch at Sharpie's pad

I had to roll off of it

I had no mobilty  in my neck

and couldn't raise my arm past my chest

and when I slept sometimes I'd hit it just right and saw white lights of pain in my sleep

it feels good now, but I just hope I don't hit something funky and set it off again during the event

also my left leg is threating to cramp up as I'm writing this

I'll probably lose the leg during the race

the swimming will def cramp it up

speaking of swimming

I still can't swim so I'll have to wear a lifejacket

my start time is 9:00 am

it takes about 3 hours to get to the event

so in order to check in and register I'll need to leave home around 3 or 4 in the morning

I work til 11:00pm and since I know I won't be able to sleep I've agreed to have a little get together at the den tonight

so no sleep for me

and I'll be a little beer buzzed driving to the event

so I have a tricky left shoulder
a busted left leg
an impressive non-swimming ability
no sleep
and a little drunk

and this is the only guy on the team that showed up

but I'll tell you one thing

I wouldn't miss this thing for the whole world

I'm about to earn my motto of being "Texas tuff and double the worst trouble you've ever seen"

or die trying

write you when I get back

...if I get back

BWAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No comments:

Post a Comment