Translate

Monday, December 5, 2011

The President and Hillbilly Jim

This story invovles President Jimmy Carter and Hillbilly Jim

this Jimmy Carter:


and this Hillbilly Jim:


so, let me start at the Hillbilly part

Jim that is, not Carter

I have been and always will be a huge wrestling fan

well one weekend, Kate the Great, Sharpie and myself took a road trip to go see a wrestling roadshow thing

it turned out to be a total bust but we had fun anyway

Hillbilly Jim was there

we got to talk to him and have our picture taken with him

he absolutely fell in love with Kate

before the picture he said, "come over here little lady and sit right next to me."

and we all took a picture together

sorry I aint got the pic

I'm not sure what happened to it

anyway, this past Saturday I was hanging out at the Morton house

drinking rum with the two MOrton women

Kate the Great and her mom

we were sitting in the backyard

shootin the shit

and somehow we got on the subject of famous people we've met

Kate's mom told a story of how she met President Carter

it was in school

she went with a group of girls

they were lined up tallest to shortest

Kate's mom was at the very end on the right

she goes on to explain that she thought for some reason the president was going to come out of the room she was standing next to, shake all of the girls hands from right to left and then take the group photo

she said instead Carter comes out from the room

shakes her hand and stands there next to her and waits for the picture to be taken

Kate's mom then slips her arm around President Carter's arm and the picture is taken

She goes on to tell me how cool this all is

I mean it's the president of the United States

prob the most important person to take a picture with here in the good ol US of A

when she was finished with her story I waited and then said,

"Your daughter took a pic with Hillbilly Jim."

No comments:

Post a Comment