Translate

Friday, February 17, 2012

This One Ends in a To Be Continued...

Have a mentioned I love my job

it's more like I love working with a family member

Kate the great

I never know what kind of day is in store

like today for example

I'm scheduled to go into work at 3pm

and since the guy I trained needs more experience doing my job

Kate has me doing other things

today I was scheduled for cameras

around noon I get a call from Kate

this is how it went:


Kate: "Tuna, you're gonna love today."

Me: "oh boy, I love this shit."

Kate: "Instead of coming into work today, you're coming with me to the Victoria Grammys."

Me: silence (thought process was filtering what she just said)

Kate: "Ok so it's nowhere near the Grammy's. It's the Addy's"

so in this field of television, there is also a parallel world of advertisment that goes along with it

every year there is an awards ceremony to honor the best ads in television, print, radio, and the web

but more importantly it's an excuse for a select group of people to get together and get drunk, dance, and be merry

so Kate goes on to tell me, "a girl up in the front offices has two extra tickets."

Kate: "she asked me if I wanted to go, I told her uhh yeah."

Kate, "then Tuna, she asked if I had a date I could bring. I told her I'm bringing someone better than a date. I'm bringing Vincent."

the girl's responce was, "ooooh nice!"

Kate goes on to tell me it's black tie

fancy dress drinking is one of my favorite things to do

Kate then tells me all who's gonna go

she talked to the morning anchor ,Shawna

-A Shawna Story-

back in the day, I was in a bar with a group of misfits

Shawna and her new fiance were there as well

turns out they were sitting on the backside of my booth

we were back to back

and since they were in love, they were both sitting on the same side of their booth

I went to the restroom and as I walked back I spotted them

they were too busy gazing into each other's eyes to notice me

when I sat down I stood up on my seat and reached over the booth

I yelled ,"think fast"

and I rammed their heads together

and sat down

so KAte tells Shawna  "Shawna I'm going to the Addy's tonight."

Shawna "Oh wow, I'll have someone to talk to."

Kate:" and I'm bringing Vincent."

Shawna: "Oh, this is gonna be fun."

the best part of all this is Kate's gonna clock me in so I don't lose any hours

and it's free booze

I'm going to be paid to drink tonight

I love life

I'm bringing my camera

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment