Translate

Sunday, September 27, 2009

IT'S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT, BUT IT'S MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE. AND IT'S NICE TO GET A COMPLEMENT FROM YOUR BOSS AND THAT MAKES YOU FEEL IMPORTANT.

So my previous boss at my job in Victoria told me, whenever I put in my two weeks notice

"Vince, I wish I had one hundred of you."

I'm told I was not the only one he told that to

but that's ok

I'm in good company

now I've hit my year here in Austin this month

and I've been at the tv station here since December

well the other day I'm walking down the hall past my boss' office

he calls out to me," Hey Vince you got a second?"

"oh oh!" right?

well it wasn't anything bad

he wanted to know if I knew anyone that needed a job

then he went on to tell me how much he's appreciated me

he told me that I was perfect for the job and I've really worked out well

then he was lost for words then said ," well I need another Vince."

hey I guess two bosses can't be wrong

I must be good

just kidding, it's nice to get a complement like that

especially since it's a little colder over here

No comments:

Post a Comment