Translate

Monday, January 23, 2012

Five Months Doing Hard Time...

nah, I've had a decent time here

but with five months under my belt here, I'm ready to go back

this new guy that I'm training will be sharing editing duties with me once he's ready

I still have another week with him

one more week to make him a perfect replacement

Kate tells me she' s gonna schedule me to do odd jobs at the station

some prompter some audio

yeah

it's time to go

once I reach my six month mark next month I'm gonna start checking the websites in Austin and I guess in different cities around Texas for jobs in my field



so here are my projects to work on in the next month:

I'm going to start going out with my good buddy Kurt in the mornings on the weekend and photogging for him

in the bigger markets the editors are also photogs

I need to start saving some of those sessions

and some of my edits for a demo reel

I got my W-2 from KEYE

that's the last order of business I have with them

and with that, I'm done with them forever

so my next goal is to add as much to my return as I can

that's my nest for going back out into the real world

if I can get a job in the next few months I'll take it

I feel good that I gave them six months

plus, I doubt I'll find something right away

but if I check often enough I won't miss that opportunity that pops up

like this one

I'm on the Texas Association of Broadcasters website right now

looks like they need an editor at Fox 7 in Austin Tx

let me spruce up my resume and send it off

and see what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment